Master the problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills needed to succeed as a nursing assistant with CNA: Nursing Assistant Certification. This comprehensive guide is written in easy-to-understand language and focuses on the importance of safety, professionalism, effective communication, legal and ethical issues, and real-world situations you’ll encounter on the job. This textbook offers content on emerging healthcare trends, bariatric considerations, end-of-life care, and much more.
Learn from author and registered nurse Carrie Jarosinski what it takes to be a nursing assistant and achieve caregiver excellence.
- Role and Scope of Practice includes the skills, responsibilities, and actions permitted and expected of a nursing assistant.
- Skills are divided into when, why, and what statements, followed by “starting up” and “finishing up” steps to prepare you for your role as a nursing assistant.
- Get Up and Think! encourages you to solve real-world situations that you’ll encounter on the job.
- Learning Objectives help you review key concepts, guide your study, and prepare for your state certification exam.
- Personas are applied to learning objectives throughout each chapter to assist with critical thinking in real-world nursing assistant scenarios.
- Lessons apply to long-term, acute, and subacute care settings.
- Workbook corresponds with each chapter and supports learning with a range of exercises. Sold separately.
- Skills Videos provide a unique classroom experience and reiterate the roles and responsibilities of a nursing assistant.
- Additional Instructor Resources include:
- Workbook Answers
- Test Banks
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Classroom Resources
- Skills Videos
Both the textbook and workbook are available in print and eBook versions.